The Vlog vs Blog covers the little differences and similarities in the two types of content creation. The purpose, elements, cost, and the platform is discussed here.
What is Blog?
A blog refers to an online platform that publishes posts and articles on one or more topics. There are blogs that are personal and run by one person. On another hand, there are large scale blog sites. These publish articles written by a number of different authors.
Apart from text, a blog can feature elements like
- Mobile apps
- Embedded content
Purpose of Blog
- To share thought and opinion; opinion about certain political scenario, about new tech advancement, general view about human nature, etc.
- To share personal life experiences; travel blog, personal experience with a product or service
- To share knowledge; medical knowledge, tech tips, cooking tips, music tips, etc.
Platform for blogging
Cost to Start a Blog
What is Vlog?
A vlog can also be referred to as a Video blog. The name will give you an idea that it’s kind of blogging but in a video format. Traditionally it is done with a selfie video kind of style that is the person facing the camera and holding it with one hand. In the blog, it’s the text that conveys everything and in Vlog, it’s the video. The idea and purpose may be the same.
Elements in Vlog
Purpose of Vlog
- To show personal life, family, and daily routine. Give an opinion on social matters. Show the reality of a common man’s life.
- To entertain people; pranks, games, adventures, extreme traveling, etc.
- To showcase skills; tech tips, cooking skills, car modifying skills, etc
Platform for Vlog
YouTube is the most popular platform for vlogging.YouTube is the second largest search engine. There are other popular video sharing platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc but they possess some limitations.
Total Cost to Start a Vlog
Creating Youtube Channel is free. All you need is a camera. For starters, we recommend using your mobile phone cameras. But if you are into quality and professionalism then a budget Sony or Canon camera will do the job for starters. It will cost you around $300- $500.